Thunder come back late to win in OT

Game two of the Briercrest Clippers vs Concordia Thunder profiled the 40th anniversary of the Nationally ranked 79-80 Clipper hockey team in a ceremony prior to the start of the game yesterday afternoon. 
Briercrest, battling injuries to several key players, dressed a short but powerful roster who came out of the gate hard.  It was Concordia who would score first however, on a penalty to Briercrest's Russell Olson. The period ended in a 1-0 score for the visiting Thunder despite the fact that Concordia doubled the home team's shots 6-12.  Penalties for the first period were even at 2 per team.
Less than a minute into the 2nd period, Russell Olson came back strong with a goal to tie the game. The team caught fire and produced 3 more spectacular goals before the period ended from Caleb Grandfield, Trey Doell and Reagan Poncelet.  The period ended with the Clippers up 4-1.  Shots were 16-14 in favour of the Clippers.  Briercrest was the more penalized team that period 3-1.  
The third period proved to be a thriller!  Concordia came out firing on all cylinders from all angles on netminder Dan Dekoning. A quick power play goal 1:27 into the frame put Briercrest on the defensive and they were able to contain the Thunder until late in the period. With just 3 minutes left, Concordia's sniper Keegan Tiringer scored his second of the game to put his team within striking distance.  Concordia pulled their goaltender and with 0:01 on the clock, tying the game. 
Overtime was short and bittersweet as Tiringer from Concordia deposited the winning goal just 1:40 into the extra period. Final shots were 25-45 for the Concordia Thunder.  
Player of the game was Keegan Tiringer for the Thunder and Jarret Marks for the Clippers.  This was the final game of the semester for both teams.  Briercrest looks to regroup and come back strong in the second half.  
The Clippers will be heading to Augustana January 10th and 11th before facing SAIT at home the follow week.