Medicine Hat Wins at the Wire.

The Lethbridge Kodiaks Headed east down the number 3 to Medicine Hat to take on the Medicine Hat College Rattlers. The Thursday night game saw a smaller than usual crowd at tip off with people filtering slowly into the Snake Pit. The home side were able to score on their first possession thanks to a 3 from Morgan Muir. This helped establish an early lead for the Rattlers as misses on both ends, and turnovers from the visitors saw the Rattlers jump out to a 6-2 lead 4 minutes into the game. With both offense's struggling with efficiency, second chance points were going to prove to be crucial in the long run. With another minute run off the clock, Medicine Hat was able to score the only two points and took an 8-2 lead. Another minute off the clock and another Rattlers 2 points saw them extend their lead to 8. The Tough defense from the Home side saw the Kodiaks struggle to get a clean look at the basket. They finally scored again with 2:30 on the clock to reduce the Rattler lead to 10-5. With another quick basket, the Kodiaks found themselves right back in the game only down 3 with a minute remaining in the 1st.  the Rattlers were able to answer and led 13-9 at the end of the first quarter.

The second quarter started with another defensive stop for the Rattlers before they turned the ball over on a time count violation. The Rattlers were first to score in the quarter with a basket coming from the paint. Lethbridge tried to respond with a 3 point shot but continued to miss the mark on offense. The Rattlers continued to dictate the play and opened up a 19-9 lead with just under 7 minutes left in the half. After a timeout the Kodiaks came out trying to push the ball up-court quickly but ultimately came up with the same empty result. Both sides entered a scoring drought with misses and stops on both ends saw the offence frustrated and looking for openings to score. The Rattlers finally found the basket on a good strong drive, and took a charge on defense to get yet another stop. With the score 23-13 and 1:35 on the clock, The Lethbridge Kodiaks took a timeout. The scoring drought was ended as the teams again traded baskets finally able to convert on chances. As the Half ended the home side found themselves up 12, 27-15.

The third quarter opened up with Medicine Hat's Morgan Muir getting to the line and making both her shots. The Kodiaks were able to quickly respond on their first trip down the floor, something that evaded them in the first half. The Kodiaks started to chip away early in the half reducing the Rattlers leas to 8, 29-21. The Rattlers could not respond as the Kodiaks got the ball back and earned a trip to the line. This was as close as the Kodaks would get as the Rattlers finally woke up and started to score in the second half. Able to re-establish their 10 point cushion, the Rattlers earned a trip to the stripe with a chance to extend the lead. Unfortunately for the home side they were unable to come up with points as the Kodiaks again reduced the Rattlers lead. with 2 minutes on the clock the score read, 29-35 with the Rattlers holding on to a 6 point lead, greatly reduced from halftime. As the quarter came to a close the teams traded baskets and the quarter ended with the score 41-33 in the Rattlers favor.

The fourth quarter started with a quick Kodiaks basket coming out of the break, the continued to use this momentum built early in the quarter to mount a comeback. Able to chip away the Kodiaks battled back to down just 2 42-44 with a few very quick baskets. The Rattlers continued to fail to find the basket and could not pull away at all. With only 6 minutes left on the clock it was anybody's game. With two more baskets the Kodaks were able to pull ahead for the first time in the night up 46-44. A Kodiak free-throw made saw another point added to their lead, as the Rattlers remined ice cold offensively in the 4th quarter. Kate Rozdeba scored for the Rattlers from the line and brought the Kodak lead down to 1. With the Kodiaks missing 2 free throws it gave the Rattlers a chance to re-take the lead thanks to Morgan Muir putting the Rattlers up 48-47 with 1:12 on the clock. after a miss the Kodiaks fouled Rozdeba who made both free throws to put the Rattlers up 3. With 42 seconds on the clock the Rattlers lead by 2 and had the ball on the inbound. With a nice putback on the offensive side, the Rattlers regained a 4 point lead and forced the Kodiaks to take a timeout. As time expired the Rattlers had fought back to take a 53-51 win in a hard fought game on both sides.